Thinking Like A Winner In Texas Holdem Poker Games
Approaching Your Texas Holdem Games In The Right Way Will Make Your Profits Grow.
Find Out How To Think Like A Winner Here!
Your average online poker player approaches the game like this:
- Logs on to the site which holds his bankroll, usually the one recommended by his friends (who got the $25 referral bonus!)
- Scrolls down the list of the tables at his usual level, possibly looking for those with big pot sizes (but usually not) and joins the first couple of almost-full tables.
- Posts a blind out of position and starts playing his cards.
- Checks mail, news and his favorite forums, focusing on the game only when dealt a reasonable hand.
Nothing particularly unusual there, this player may even make a little money – depending on which level and skill with the cards themselves.
What this demonstrates is a very casual approach to the game, in fact there are several minor steps that could have been taken here – each one improving overall profits from the tables.
Here is the same process through the eyes of a winner:
- Logs onto the poker site with the Weakest Texas Holdem Games or with fairly weak tables and a reload bonus to clear.
- Checks the tables for players previously identified as ‘fish’ and compares the seats available with their position at the tables. If no fish are currently playing he checks lobby statistics for the table most suited to his personal playing style.
- Fires up the latest Texas Holdem Poker Software to track his game and display statistics on opponents.
- Sits down and watches opponents for patterns, weaknesses and focuses on identifying potentially profitable situations.
While quantifying the difference between approaches is subject to the natural variance in the game it is easy to see how much more profitable the 2nd player could be.
Add 1 BB per hour for each of the following… Choosing a fishy site, clearing a bonus, playing against known fish, finding a loose table, using statistical display software and focusing on opponents without distractions. If you could improve your profits by 6 big blinds per table each hour you would be well on your way to crushing the online poker games.
Are you thinking like a Texas Holdem Winner?
Poker Edge is the single most powerful poker tool available today, with pooled player statistics, an on-screen stats display plus powerful calculator – your profits will literally be transformed. Check out Poker Edge now and take the 5 day free trial.
Texas Holdem Table Selection
Creating Your Texas Holdem Fish List
Best Texas Holdem Poker Bonuses